Text to Voice
You can never know what is going on in your child's head when your family is hit by grief. In this sensitive situation your child need special attention and intense care. Some children show their feelings and some others just keep their feelings within them and this will be eating them within. At this time you need to focus on your child.
Sometimes it is really easy to explain few things to children in form of stories. They will pay attention to stories and also will take the lesson from it.
These stories help you to open natural things like death to your children which in turn helps your child to cope up. One has to cope up because one cannot live his/her life in a depression. We need to make children understand that this was,is and never in our hands. It is natural thing that happens to everyone. Every one who is born should face death.
Below are few book names which will be helpful for you.(Check whether your child is underage before giving it.):
1. Lifetimes: The Beautiful Way to Explain Death to Children.
2. I Miss You: A First Look at Death.
3.When Dinosaurs Die: A Guide to Understanding Death.
4. The Saddest Time.
5. Tear Soup: A Recipe for Healing After Loss.6. A Terrible Thing Happened.
7. The Elephant in the Room.
8. A New Leash on Life: A remedy for healing after loss by Donna Kutzner.
9. Storm of Joy by Sherri Sengsouvanna.
10. Stay- a girl, a Dog and a Bucket List.
11. I wonder what you do on your first day in heaven by phoebe welsh.
12. Grandma’s Wings.
13. Ida Always by Carol Levis.
14. Her Mother’s Face by Roddy Doyle.
15. The Little Prince.
Hope this helps you.