As we all know that water is an essential part of our lives and it is one of the basic elements required for human survival.The average adult human body is 50-65% water, averaging around 57-60%. The percentage of water in infants is much higher, typically around 75-78% water, dropping to 65% by one year of age. It is often advised that one must drink at least eight to ten glasses of water every day to flush out all the toxins and to help it to function properly.
So let's see how does water therapy really work?
It's meant to be implemented first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. As soon as you wake up, try to drink at least a litre of filtered water. If you can have it lukewarm, it will help tremendously in detoxifying your whole body as well as breaking down and eliminating all the fat deposits.
Method of Treatment
- As you wake up in the morning before brushing teeth, drink 4 x 160ml glasses of water.
- Brush and clean the mouth but do not eat or drink anything for 45 minutes.
- Avoid taking alcoholic beverages the previous night.
- After 45 minutes you may eat and drink as normal.
- After 15 minutes of breakfast, lunch and dinner do not eat or drink anything for 2 hours.
- Those who are old or sick and are unable to drink 4 glasses of water at the beginning may commence by taking little water and gradually increase it to 4 glasses per day.
- Consult your doctor to find out whether water therapy will suit your body or not, or else if you are ill or already having a health problem.
- Metabolism booster
- Skin cleanser
- Purifies colon
- Balances lymph system
- maintain body temperature
Disadvantage of water therapy
Always remember when you do not have a limit for doing things they may become a threat. This is true in the case of water therapy also. When water intake is not controlled while undergoing water therapy it may cause danger. It is because our body has limited capacity of throwing the excessive water. If this limit is crossed, body can face critical condition known as water poisoning or hyper hydration. This can expose a human body to the risk of brain damage or heart failure.
So to avoid any risk and always consult professional or doctors before undergoing any such therapy.